Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In go the leeks and general garden maintenance.....June 22

 Today the ground was prepped to plant the leeks......
 Hanson pulled out his totally cool "wheel swivel hoe"....this is used to keep the areas around the plants weed free and the soil turned........

 and with my very clever photography I totally hid the part that turns the soil!  What a talent!
 Michael starts placing the leeks...notice the outfit - totally important to cover up to keep the bugs away!


 Yet another clever tool!  A "Mantis mini rototiller".....the potatoes are growing like wildfire so this handy tool (1/2 horsepower) turns up the dirt onto the plant to help encourage new potato growth.  I sound like I know what I'm talking about.......HA!





The soil looks gorgeous and the plants obviously love it.....keep praying for rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment